cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't start Anyconnect : "No Modules Loaded"

phamvinhdat
Level 3
Level 3

Try to start Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client, and error "No Modules Loaded" popups. Try to google and look for solution but no luck yet. Have anyone run into this same error and have solution on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Dat Pham

8 Replies 8

what was the fix?

I ran Windows update on my Windows 2003 box and it fixed my anyconnect problem, still don't know what is the root cause of it.

Thanks.

DP

Hello Richard 

Solution: remove the xml profile from the client.

In my case the profile was disabling the VPN.

-<AnyConnectProfile xsi:schemaLocation="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/encoding/ AnyConnectProfile.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/encoding/"> -<ClientInitialization> <ServiceDisable>true</ServiceDisable> </ClientInitialization> </AnyConnectProfile>.

Windows 8.1

C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile

It worked for me.

Regards,

Ricardo

none of this worked for me, could someone help/advice with this issue about No Modules Loaded

weeksj
Level 1
Level 1

I recently had this issue and was able to resolve it on Dell precision 9010's.  The workstations had a working network driver but it was not the correct one when comparing it to the Dell driver list for the specific serial number.  In my case i rebuilt the workstations from the ground up applying the drivers specific to the serial number for each system and then installing the anyconnect client.  This resolved the issue and the anyconnect was able to successfully connect.

Prior to that i had tried many things, windows patches, cisco vpn profile xml file, several anyconnect versions, etc. and they all failed.

I hope this help anyone else who encounters this error.

Symptoms:

AnyConnect client would install on a computer but the client would not run. A dialog box would display stating "No Modules Loaded". When inspecting the Event logs for the Cisco Anyconnect mobility client there would be messages stating "CERTIFICATE_ERROR_UNKNOWN" and "A certificate chain could not be built to a trusted root authority."

Root Cause:

The version of windows you're using does not have the necessary certificates in the (Local Computer) Trusted Root Certification Authorities store. Some code (in this case Cisco) requires a "code signing" certificate be present for certain software to function correctly. If the certificate is not present then they code will not run. This is most common on computers that are disconnected (air-gapped) from the internet or computers that use a WSUS server as their only form of updates and those WSUS servers are not configured to maintain certificate stores.

Solution:

Locate the code signing certificate and import it into the Certificates (Local Computer)/Trusted Root Certification Authorities/Certificates store. AnyConnect uses the VeriSign certificates)

From and Internet connected computer:

1. Run MMC.EXE
  2. Add the Certificates (Local Computer) snap-in
  3. Expand Trusted Root Certification Authorities/Certificates.
  4. Right click All Tasks > Export
  1. Save the certificates as a .CER file on removable media.

From the computer experiencing the problem:

1. Run MMC.EXE
  2. Add the Certificates (Local Computer) snap-in
  1. Expand Trusted Root Certification Authorities/Certificates.
  1. Right click All Tasks > Import
  2. Browse to the certificates exported from the internet connected computer and import them.

Farhan Mohamed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Possibly the product was installed with the non-default "Offload scanning agent" option turned on by a curious sysadmin, even though the customer has no additional licence for F-Secure SRS appliance and the environment is not virtualized. If so, you will need to re-install F-Secure protection with the "Offload scanning agent" line unticked.

ChangLi393945
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I tried all the methods I could find on the internet but none of them work. Until I found this one:

https://superuser.com/questions/649614/connect-using-anyconnect-from-command-line

sudo printf 'USERNAME\nPASSWORD\ny' | /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpn -s connect HOST

I am using MacOS Catalina. After executing the above line in the terminal, it automatically downloaded some

modules and everything works fine then.