cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot connect to VPN but can telnet to it

stevenriz
Level 1
Level 1

We cannot connect to the corporate VPN 3005. From home, we now get the "Remote peer is no longer responding" message. BUT from home, I can telnet into the VPN without a problem as admin. Note: We had a major internet outage today and just now the T1 came back up. I have not restarted any of the equipment, maybe I should try. No config has changed. I have read a post that mentions the ARP table. I may look at this, what I need to do with it is another issue. What should I look at there and what, if anything else can cause this all of a sudden? No IP addresses have changed. Should I restart the VPN and PIX? Config as follows....

- ISP Router --> ISP Switch

- ISP Switch --> PIX

- ISP Switch --> VPN3005 (outside)

- PIX --> VPN3005 (inside)

- PIX --> internal network

Hope this isn't serious. Thank you.

Steve

srizkalla@cleanwise.com

2 Replies 2

jfrahim
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Steve,

You can try rebooting the box. things may start working. But if you are unable to establish the connection, enable IKE.IKEDBG ( severity to log 1-13) and look at the debugs to see where it is failing. You may need to launch "Log viewer" on the client as well with severity set to high

Jazib

Thank you for the reply. Turns out our T1 wasn't completely up. Once it was fixed, the VPN started working again just fine. Thanks.

Steve