Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot login to anyconnect after new install of Anyconnect in Android phone

Day-dreamer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm having issue that after installing the AnyConnect application(for android) on mobile phone , A user cannot login to it with some reason but with earlier version user is able to login the vpn.Each time when I connect to it , i will get an error connection attempt failed as below screenshot. Please help .

Thanks a lot.

anyconnect.PNG

10 Replies 10

stsargen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would suggest that you submit feedback to "ac-mobile-feedback@cisco.com" along with a diagnostic bundle from the device.

Thanks for your reply , i think the new version of any connect does not support getting the self-signed cert of the ASA . I tried both new version of IOS and android not working both but Any Connect in PC is working. It works if the device has obtained the cert before.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect40/release/notes/b_Release_Notes_Apple_iOS_AnyConnect_4-0-x.html#topic_178115CFD22D4817A62462A331BFEBC8

I'm having the exact same problem, I cant enroll my new android or iOS devices using the latest version of the anyconnect app.  Im exchanging emails with cisco support and its becoming fruitless.. I dont know what to do.

Hi ,

I am still finding the solution also , if you have any solutions you can share :)

They fixed the bug in 9.9.2.18 of the ASA 5506-X software.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvk26887

thanks for your info , once i update the ASA will update here again.

Hi guys,

I can confirm that everything works fine after the recommended upgrade. Thanks for that ;)

But we have the same problem on our ASA 5505. There is no bug mentioned in any of the latest releases regarding this issue.

We actually run 9.1.7(23)

Any recommendations for this case?

Thank you,

SP.

9.1.27 is pretty old for the ASA 5505, why don't you Goto 9.2.x

Hello, 

little update:

Upgrade to 9.2.4 didn't solve that issue. So I contacted TAC today and the result is that we need to buy a newer platform because 5505 is no longer supported and no more releases are planned. 

Just for the info ;)

SP.

I face the same problem with ASA 5505 and also try to upgrade to 9.2.4 with no success (anyconnect did no worked after upgrade ) so i imagine the same answer i ll take if contact TAC .

Is it possible to send me the actual answer of Cisco TAC in order to explain to my customer too the reason and suggest to upgrade to another platform ? 

Thanks,

Palaiologos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: