cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot open a VPN L2TP tunnel behind an 806 router.

sguerrero
Level 1
Level 1

This is the scenario:

My ISP provider supplies pppoE.

When I connect a PC directly to the ASDL modem I can open my VPN L2TP and VPN works OK and I am able to navigate.

When I connect PC behind 806, I receive a private IP from pool in 806 and I am able to navigate, but from PC I open my VPN L2TP software utility (the same than before) and cannot open VPN.

Could you please tell me what config I shoul place in router in order to open tunnel from 806 instead op VPN software utility? The difference is that now 806 gets global IP instead od PC.

So I know now tunnel should be open from router, but I don´t know what lines I shlould add.

Please HELP!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

m.sherry
Level 1
Level 1

I thinkl what you are looking for is VPN Passthru, the answer to that is the IOS version, I believe IOS version 12.2 and above allows VPN Passthru. There is no other configuration required just upgrade to 12.2 or above

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

m.sherry
Level 1
Level 1

I thinkl what you are looking for is VPN Passthru, the answer to that is the IOS version, I believe IOS version 12.2 and above allows VPN Passthru. There is no other configuration required just upgrade to 12.2 or above