cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificate import failed

kdowellatb
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to install a new GoDaddy certificate for AnyConnect on a ASA 5505 but getting a general failure that the import of the PKCS 12 failed.  We had one before but it has since expired, so I went through the process of creating a new one, which I can import elsewhere, but fails through ASDM and CLI.  I have tried generating CSRs both from the ASA and elsewhere, and many rekeys of the certificate.  Likewise, when I exported the expired GoDaddy certificate and specify a passphrase, I am not able to sucessfully import it anywhere else due to the passphrase being incorrect.  Any help is appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Deepak Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you installed the complete chain (Root or Intermediate cert) on the ASA before adding the ID cert?

Please follow this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00808b3cff.shtml

- Deepak

Yes, there's also already two existing from the previous GoDaddy certificate installed on the ASA.  I also tried importing the root/intermediate packaged along with the new certificate and import failed message appears as well.  I was able to import the root/intermediate on a server along with the new certificate.