Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 1900 series ssl vpn license

Herman Skubic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Since FL-SSLVPN10-K9 license can no longer be purchased I wonder what options on my CISCO1921-SEC/K9 router do I have now  if I want to use SSL VPN if any?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Herman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think the best way is to license the new AnyConnect 4 which is also valid for IOS-based VPN-gateways:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/security/anyconnect-og.pdf

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Hi Herman,

The recommended replacement part number for FL-SSLVPN10-K9 license will be SL-19-SEC-K9. Kindly refer to this link for additional information.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/ios-sslvpn/eos-eol-notice-c51-731468.html.

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards.

Hi Alyza,

Thank you for your response.

I cannot find what features are included in  SL-19-SEC-K9 license?

Regards,

Herman

Hello Herman,

Features included in that license will be the Security Technology package that includes: Standard IP Security (IPSec), Group Encrypted Transport VPN, Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN), Easy VPN and Enhanced Easy VPN, Virtual Tunnel Interface (VTI), Multi-Virtual Route Forwarding (VRF) Customer Edge (CE) (IPSec, firewall, and IPS), IPSec high availability, Cisco IOS Zone-Based Firewall, advanced application inspection and control, firewall for secure unified communications, VRF-aware firewall, firewall high availability, transparent firewall, Cisco IOS IPS, transparent IPS, VRF-aware IPS, secure provisioning and digital certificates, and Cisco IOS Certificate Server and Client.

You may send me an email for quick response. Kind regards.

I think the best way is to license the new AnyConnect 4 which is also valid for IOS-based VPN-gateways:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/security/anyconnect-og.pdf

Hi Karsten,

Thank you for your answer I will consider this option.

Herman Skubic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've ordered anyconnect 4 license trough my local re-seller. It is the second week now waiting for licenses. 

How long does it take  for Cisco to provide license?

Regards,

Herman

My last AnyConnect 4 order took three and a half weeks to be processed by Cisco and the distributor. So don't get nervous, I think it's quite "normal".

Hi,

I was unpleasantly surprised when my local re-seller notified me that Cisco has refused issuing a anyconnect 4 licence for my serial number. 

They've mentioned some 'black-market' where equipment has been bought.

Let me mentioned that we bought this equipment totally legal through German online store(with receipt  and warranty). 

Is anyone from Cisco willing to explain me what this is all about?

Regards,

Herman

Some time ago I was talking about this subject with a member of the Cisco Partner-Support team. He mentioned that these devices were often produced for different markets or even that the devices were only ment for NFR.

The risk of getting one of these devices is much higher when buying through resellers that are no official Cisco resellers. 

And yes, I know these resellers in Germany, their prices (with VAT) is often 20% less then my price without tax at the distribution. 

(Und Du kennst vermutlich den Spruch "Wer billig kauft, kauft zwei Mal)

Hi Karsten,

Thank you for your answer.

Do you maybe know if there is an option at Cisco to 'register' this device to be non NFR?

Regards,

Herman

I've never heard about something like that. But you could ask the original Seller for a statement because it's a little bit like a faulty system.