Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 881 ISR crypto isakmp not available

AlphaBerserk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to connect one of our it labors with some ec2 instances in amazon vpc. I downloaded a configuration file from amazon which starts with the command

crypto isakmp policy 200

My router tells me that he does not know crypto isakmp.

I searched on the internet and found that i have to install a specific license, but unfortunately i cannot find which license i have to install.

The show license command show following licenses

AdvIpServices active

AdvSecurity active

advsecurity_npe, ios-ips-update, waas_Express no state displayed

ssl_vpn active but eula not accepted

I found that i can accept the eula license with license boot module c880-data technology-package SSL_VPN command

But this command is also not available on my device.

Can anyone help me getting the crypto isakmp command working?

Regards,

Martin

6 Replies 6

Rozsa Illes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Martin,

can you copy/paste the exact error (and the command) where it fails as you see it in the CLI? What is the exact IOS you are running?

Adv security should be enough for any site-to-site VPN on the 881 routers. I checked the same command on an 881 router and it was accepted fine running only adv security license and 15.1(3)T IOS.

Cheers,

Rose

Hi Rose,

Thanks for your fast response.

when i type crypto isakmp policy 200 in the cli, i get an invalid marker at "isakmp".

When i enter crypto ? in the cli, i cannot see any isakmp option.

My Router is running IOS 12.4.

Greetings,

Martin

Hello Martin,

Is it possible to get the complete show version output? As far as I know, the basic feature set should be the advanced security for 881 so missing isakmp config options sounds like a possible bug.

Warm Regards,

Rose

Hi,

i have today checked the show version command, i had the advsecurity license not in use. I have now changed that. Now the crypo isakmp commands are available to me.

Thanks for your help

Greetings,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Nice to hear that it got sorted out Thanks for letting me know.

Warm Regards,

Rose

Hi AlphaBerserk!

i'm sorry, but how we can change it.

i got the same issue. with advsecurity active, not in use.

Regards,

Trung!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: