Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 891W - Remote Access

bibble_235
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking for some help on how to connect with one of these. I work for a small company and need to gain remote access.

I have been provided with

IKE Proposal

IKE Negotiation

Main

IKE Authentication

SHA/HMAC-160

IKE Encryption

3DES

IKE DH Group (1 or                2)

IKE Time Lifetime

86400 seconds

IPSec Proposal

IPSec                Authentication

ESP/SHA/HMAC-160

IPSec Encryption

3DES

IPSec Perfect                Forward Secrecy

Disabled

IPSec SA Life time

Routing

Disable

IPSec NAT-T

Disable

- PSK (Preshared Key)

- IP Address external

- Pub IP Address (Remote and local)

- Network (Remote and local)

I cannot get a connection with the cisco client or openswan or any other client. Cisco's returns 412

I have ensured UDP ports are open two.

I do not have access to the customer's router as we are a vendor. Is there anything they need to be doing to make this work.

The only thing in the client that seemed a bit strange was that you needed a groupname if you wanted a group password.

Thanks,

Iain

(Remote and local)
2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If cisco client doesn't work, the router is not configured correctly.

When someone gives you access to their systems using their router, it's their responsibility to give you a working cisco vpn client configuration file.

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Iain

I can not tell whether the 891W is your equipment or is the customers equipment. Perhaps you can clarify?

Some of the parameters provided look like the customer is intending site to site VPN. But if you are trying to use the Cisco (or anyone else) client then you are trying to do Remote Access VPN. These two work very differently. Perhaps you can clarify with the customer which type of VPN they intend?

HTH

Rick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH

Rick