cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect 4.7 Will Not Install - There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

Kraven1388
Level 1
Level 1

User attempts to install Cisco AnyConnect and fails near the end of install.

Capture1.PNG

After a few minute fails with the error: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

Capture.PNG

I then ran Malwarebytes and removed anything CheckPoint related but that had no effect on my issue as AnyConnect continues to fail install.

Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Here is what doesn't work for me:

Uninstall\Reinstall Cisco AnyConnect regardless of version

8 Replies 8

Ben Walters
Level 3
Level 3

We ran into a similar issue when installing 4.5 on some machines this would happen and the only resolution I found was to search the registry and delete any key related to AnyConnect. 

That was an annoying process but I managed to identify the problem keys in the registry: 

HKCR:\Installer\Products\6EC6B851E6929CA4CA15299E8B3DB90A
HKCR:\Installer\Products\896CFD42E98BF1447B5BDD548691EBC9
HKCR:\Installer\Products\9DD222C7A79035E48BDB88B3869D35A7
HKCR:\Installer\Products\F567BC52D1E53EE47AD5CA00477B17B2

If you have any of these delete them, reboot and try installing again. 

How did you found out the problem keys in the registry? any suggestion?

@Ben Walters 

I had exhausted all other ideas so I literally ctrl+f in the registry editor and searched for AnyConnect until there were no references to it. 

okay I'll try, This is the last effort i'll be taking, if not I will Reinstall my Windows 10 so that it will be fresh for installing the software

I'm having the same issue, and I tried rooting around in regedit, but I have no idea what I'm doing. And some of the anyconnect instances I found in the registry couldn't be deleted. But I tried it anyway, deleting all the values associated with anyconnect that I could find (and that would allow themselves to be deleted), restarted, tried installing again... no dice. Perhaps I should have deleted the keys and not the values? I'm a little skittish about deleting registry things. So I tried another approach and reset my PC to factory settings, losing all my installed programs in the process, but still the problem persists. Can Cisco not come up with a solution to this? It seems like the installer would just need to clear out the anyconnect instances in the registry before trying to install.

Hi, have you fixed the issue with installation at the end? I have encountered the same problem and been trying the whole day to solve it... Many thanks.

Josue Brenes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kraven,

I agree with Ben, it may be an issue with the registry keys being kind of corrupted; however, I have never tried deleting/modifying them.

It is also possible that this issue is related to bug CSCvb59209.

In order to see full details, including the workaround you’ll need to log in with a Cisco account.

Rate if it helps.

Regards,

Josue Brenes

TAC - VPN Engineer.

Hi,

version: windows 10 Family Chinese version

version number: 1809

I've tried all of the above, but the problem remains. Are there any other solutions?

Please reply me asap. 

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: