Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco Anyconnect Apex license

AyoubC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Hope this find you well! I need some help with Anyconnect licensing.

- I just want to know if all I need to enable and use Anyconnect is an APEX or PLUS license like (L-AC-APX-3YR-G)? I mean, do I need other licenses to be purchased on the Firewall side or not?

I am asking this because while I was reading ASA Firepower ordering guide, I saw an example of ordering at the end of the document where there was the following items:

- ASA-VPN-CLNT-K9 = Cisco VPN Client Software (Windows, Solaris, Linux, Mac)

- ASA-ANYCONN-CSD-K9 ASA 5500 = AnyConnect Client + Cisco Security Desktop Software

So, it confused me a little bit as I know that Cisco VPN client is end of sale since February 2013, so......

Your help is highly appreciated guys!

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Those older line items are included in the ordering system as zero cost line items because the manufacturing process still includes the images and/or right to use licenses on newly built ASAs.

The part number type that you cited is the correct one. When associated with the term subscription part number for the desired number of users and 1-, 3-, or 5-year term, that will get you a PAK that can be redeemed for licenses in the self-service licensing portal.