cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect install fail on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

mc6
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has encountered this error. Recently upgraded to 10.14.6. Tried to install Cisco AnyConnect on my personal computer (I have admin rights) as I need it for work. Download fails. Vague reason:

"The installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

Already cleared my machine of all relevant files. Tried creating a new admin on my machine and downloading there - same result. What's going on? I've had Cisco AnyConnect on my machine before, but uninstalled it.Sso it must be something with the new Mac upgrade, right?

4 Replies 4

ronbuchalski
Level 1
Level 1

You can open the Mac OS console (Macintosh HD -> Applications -> Utilities) and look at the system.log messages when you try to connect.  That may give you some idea of what it failing.  I'm having an issue where I'm trying to update a 3.1 AnyConnect Client to a 4.8 AnyConnect Client, using web deploy from the ASA.  After logging in, my current client is scanned by the ASA, determined to be an old version, and the new version is downloaded to my Mac.  However, the installation fails.  System log seems to indicate that it may be a security issue, where there is an untrusted (or missing) cert, either on the ASA or on the client machine, so the client machine won't trust the client.

I may end up opening a case with TAC, because I need to get this resolved ASAP.

-rb

bstax
Level 1
Level 1
Having the same issue - mine seems to be hanging when it gets to 'extracting 7.3.0 Cisco Packet Tracer.7z'. I expect this is as a result of not having a 7zip extractor natively associated on the mac. Going to see if I can find the .7z file that is being extracted from the compressed installer. if I CAN find it, should be able to open it w/ez7z and will try to manually install.

SOLUTION - the issue in Mac for ME was permissions related. If you escalate to an administrative user and perform your install, then escalate to root and change ownership of the files to your user and the wheel group (wheel is the critical part) all will work well for everyone in wheel.

Command as root is:

chown -R <desireduser>:wheel /Applications/Cisco\ Packet\ Tracer/

(then press enter - then disable root user - then logout of admin user and back to nonprivileged one)

Should start now. 

Have fun. 

B.

bstax
Level 1
Level 1

Having the same issue - mine seems to be hanging when it gets to 'extracting 7.3.0 Cisco Packet Tracer.7z'.
I expect this is as a result of not having a 7zip extractor natively associated on the mac. Going to see if I can find the .7z file that is being extracted from the compressed installer. if I CAN find it, should be able to open it w/ez7z and will try to manually install.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: