cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect License backup

BVC
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we have a single ASA with an Anyconnect license that supports 100 premium peers. I recently made a change and backed out the config so it can be archived. I'm just wondering, if the ASA was going to fail and I had to import the config into a new ASA (same model, same version) would the license key also transfer over as from my understanding this license key is for a single device.

4 Replies 4

Josue Brenes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi BVC,

It would not be transfer over.

The license key for tradicional licenses is per serial number, unique per device.

Meaning you would need to generate another activation-key for the new ASA(new serial number).

Rate if it helps.

Regards,

Josue Brenes

TAC - VPN Engineer.

Hi Josue,

Thank you for your help. I'm looking at getting another ASA so I can apply Cisco failover, so I will need to generate another key so Anyconnect can be applied to the backup asa? Is this possible or are keys only allowed on a single ASA?

Hi BVC,

You can apply the license to the secondary/backup ASA as well. It does requiere you to generate another activation-key out of the same AnyConnect license to be used on the other unit(secondary ASA == different serial number). 

Rate if it helps.

Regards,

Josue Brenes

TAC - VPN Engineer.

Hello Josue,

I've tried to generate another license key but it seems it the Anyconnect license key we've purchased is a 1 use only. Is there another way to generate a key using this license, as if this firewall ever goes faulty we won't have any VPN connection, we will need to purchase another VPN license key for a secondary ASA?

Regards,

Ben

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: