cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect mac and airdrop - issue

rossonero
Level 1
Level 1

When macs are connecting to cisco any connect and the connection is made, airdrop is not longer possible on the mac

Is that something that can be changed in the profile or is there no workaround for this,

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Are you using a full tunnel or split tunnel?

Can you do an acl for mdns (224.0.0.250 and 224.0.0.251) and then exclude this acl from anyconnect tunnel?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi

Is there an answer to this question?

I have a customer with the same issue.

We are using split tunnel.

You have several posts on the community already giving a solution for this kind of issues.
Look here for example: https://community.cisco.com/t5/vpn/cisco-anyconnect-4-5-02036-local-printers/td-p/3310259

It's one link over many others.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

tiwang
Level 3
Level 3

hi out there

We also see this problem with Macusers - Airplay, Airdrop and AnyConnect (4.10) - and it is a bit annoying.

AnyConnect and Airplay sounds as a ipv6 problem so this can probably be solved by disabling ipv6 on the Mac's

But Airdrop is a bit different. As other writes this is using mDNS and for some reasons this is broken when you are using AnyConnect w. split tunnel (and certainly also if using full tunnel).

But - there has been suggestions here to deny multicast in the tunnel (224.0.0.250 and 224.0.0.251) - has some solved the issues by doing this? (and yes I have seen the suggestions for local printers but to my opion this is a bit generic answer to the question)

We also have a problem with airdrop on the MaOS stations and we solved this issue by enabling the  Client Bypass Protocol in the VPN client configuration.
We tried to use the Split-DNS features, but this didn't works properly.