Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect "CSTP Not Enabled"

Luigi Celeste
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning!

I've configured a VPN AnyConnect (IPSec) on a Cisco ASA Firewall, but I cannot download the profile neither cannot connect to the security gateway by uploading the profile manually on my pc at the path C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.

I had previously already AnyConnect installed from another security gateway and everything works correctly toward that gateway, but from the moment I tryed to install AnyConnect from the new security gateway (uninstalling first the older) I cannot connect anymore to the old security gateway obtaining the same error of the new.

The version of AnyConnect installed is "anyconnect-win-3.1.01065-k9.pkg". By AnyConnect mobile I can connect without any problem.

Any suggestion?

Thank's for the support anyway.

Luigi Celeste

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try putting a newer AnyConnect client on your ASA.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try putting a newer AnyConnect client on your ASA.

Upgraded to anyconnect-win-4.1.04011-k9.pkg Version. Problem solved!!!!!!!

Many thanks Phil!

Luigi Celeste

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This has just bought back some memories.  Older AnyConnect clients had issues when Sierra 3G cards were installed in the same machine.

Does your machine have a 3G card in it or attached to it?

Hello Philip, Thank's for the answer!

Unfortunately the version 3.1.01065 is one of the latest version available, and previously it worked before I uninstall for try the new ASA configuration. I think is not the problem related to the version of AnyConnect. The machine, anyway, doesn't have the 3g card.

Well put it this way, Cisco have withdrawn that version from download.  I don't tend to use any software that Cisco have withdrawn.  The current version in the 3.1 series is 3.1.13015.

Just upgraded AnyConnect to anyconnect-win-3.1.13015-k9.pkg version. Nothing has changed.

Have you got any other VPN clients installed?  Have you got anything that installs a network layer or driver (like antivirus)?

Yes, but I tryed also to work on a new virtual machine without nothing installed on and doesn't work anyway

Could you post the bit of your ASA config relating to AnyConnect and the VPN in question (or the whole thing)?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: