cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect requires Reboot to connect second time

richards
Level 1
Level 1

On my Windows 10 computer, I can connect to the VPN using AnyConnect 3.1.02026 without difficulty. However, once I disconnect, I need to reboot my computer to connect again. When I try to connect the second (and subsequent) times I get the message,

"The VPN client driver has encountered an error. Please restart your computer or device, then try again."

followed by the message:

"AnyConnect was not able to establish a connection to the specified secure gateway. Please try connecting again."

If I reboot the computer, AnyConnect will connect (once).

18 Replies 18

Shakti Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi richards@tenpenn.com,

Can you try the below steps

1.) from one of the test machines completely uninstall anyconnect , remove all the associated files from the Program Files , take a back of the registry and ran registry fixing tool like ccleaner

2.) run the command

net stop CryptSvc

esentutl /p %systemroot%\System32\catroot2\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\catdb

3.) repair the file ,and reboot the device and see if it fixes the issue

Thanks

Shakti

Hi Shakti Kumar,

I tried out your solution and all the previously mentioned solutions. And it still isn't working.

Regards,

Abeer Varan Dey

I cannot stay logged on the VPN on my computer, i have to restart every day. 

Here is the process where the problem occurs:

I disconnect the VPN at the end of the day or it automatically disconnects if I forget. 

Then when i reconnect in the morning, the authentication comes through, but I can't access the internet/intranet, all traffic blocked!!!

I have to restart the computer to make it work.

please solve in next release!!!

amorrow
Level 1
Level 1

I am having this problem as well. I have to restart my computer 3-4 times per day to get the VPN to work if my computer goes to sleep. Many of my co-workers have this same issue. I have Macbook Pro (4.3.1 (23D60)) and AnyConnect version 4.10.08025

Error after trying to re-connect:

AnyConnect was not able to establish a connection to the specified secure gateway. Please try connecting again.