cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on OS X Yosemite - VPN not working if the Mac is connected via Iphone HotSpot

razvan1979
Level 1
Level 1

I have encounter a starange situation with Yosemite and Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (all recent versions including latest 3.1.05187).

If the mac is using the internet connection of the iPhone (via Bluetooth or WiFi), when I connect with the client everything stops working, from the Internet to the traffic over the tunnel, we are using Split Tunnel with Split DNS for our internal addresses. Somehow the DNS is not working anymore.

I can ping via IP but not by name, also cannot ping any address from internet unless I add again manually the default route.

Anybody encounter this problem?   

49 Replies 49

Which update are you talking about ?

Just try to enter "client-bypass-protocol enable" in group-policy attributes section using CLI

It seems our version of ASDM doesn't have that option, it has the rest but not "Client Bypass Protocol"

I wonder if its a config setting somewhere else to enable it.

In my previous comment I described how to do this in CLI. You don't even need ASDM to configure ASA

I have "Client Bypass Protocol" disabled. Connections from tethered networks are now fine on the latest ASA, AnyConnect 3.1 and OS X software after effecting tim.economides suggestion.

Is there an equivalent to this command for webvpn configured on an ISR router?  I can't seem to find it if so. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: