cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility client software has VERY slow file transfers from system on the VPN, about 1/10 of non-VPN.

John.Lussmyer
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running Win7, and with the Software only AnyConnect Security Mobility client Version 3.1.04072
I've found that copying a file from a system on the VPN runs at about 1/10 the speed of getting a file from a system that is NOT on the VPN.

5 Replies 5

Daniel Hood
Level 1
Level 1

What device are you connecting to? (ASA55xx?)

What is the regular speed? What is the slow speed?

Device: I don't know, it's a corporate network.  I'll see if I can find out.

My connection is a 18Mbs down, 3 Mbs up DSL line. 
Downloads from random internet sites are 5-10 times faster than anything from a server on the VPN.

We're having the same problem. ASA 5510 8.4(3) with IPS module, SSL-VPN secure mobility client on Windows 7. On the wired LAN we're seeing 70Mbps file copies across network. Same file copied over VPN (100MB WAN link) we're seeing < 1Mbps results...often in the 400-600 Kbps range. MANY users of this product are seeing the same issue. Tested this problem to death and have tried all the possible 'fixes' that can be found on the message boards to no avail.

Cisco???

first poster -

"Downloads from random internet sites are 5-10 times faster than anything from a server on the VPN."

Your corporate network may just have too little bandwidth, your taking a poor internet route between carriers (ISP's are often maxed out believe it or not), there is a speed an duplex problem or you have a bad MTU. test all of them. your pc's MTU should be 1300. MAX on all interfaces. use the setmtu.exe tool.

Jcohen - if you disable the IPS on the ASA does the slow transfer problem go away?

Was this ever solved? I'm having the same type of issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: