Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client using discrete graphics on Mac

paulromas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I use your Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client to connect to my University's VPN. The programme is supplied to me by my University so I presume it licenses it for its students such as myself.

I am writing to let you know the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client uses the discrete graphics card on my MacBook Pro whenever it is running. I cannot quit the Client, that will end my VPN session, but at the same time using the discrete graphics card is a drain on the battery for no good reason; Cisco AnyConnect does not display any visuals that I am aware would require the use of an NVidia Kepler card with 1GB VRAM. The application's code perhaps needs to be rectified so it does not depend on the discrete graphics card when clearly (as the attachments show) it does not need a discrete graphics card to render its very simple interface.

Cheers.

3 Replies 3

carlos.montalvo
Level 1
Level 1

appears to fix this issue

I am having this same issue on a 15" MacBook Pro with Retina.  I am using version 3.1.00495 of Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility.

If your company has the Cisco IPSec protocol open you can use the Mac's built-in VPN settings.

However, if those ports are blocked by your local service (Starbucks or w/e) then you will have to use the AnyConnect VPN, which is done over SSL (https).