Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect VPN & two ISP's

IamSamSaul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, 

I got two ISP's with two different external IP addresses. Both ISP's aren't active at the same time. I have configured Cisco AnyConnect being terminated on ASA. When we are working from home we connect to access my servers & NAS at home via Cisco AnyConnect client. If the primary ISP is down we use the backup line with a different IP address. The remote workers have to use Cisco AnyConnect client with the IP address of the backup ISP.

Is there a way to simplify this so that users connect seamless their VPN without selecting different IP addresses? I was thinking about using dynamic DNS. Or maybe someone got another idea to tackle this issue?

Thanks & regards, 

Sam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @IamSamSaul 

You can create an anyconnect profile which specifies the primary ISP IP/FQDN and a backup server which would specify the backup IP/FQDN. When the primary ISP connection drops, use IP SLA to remove that default route. With the anyconnect profile on the client computer, it will automatically detect the primary connection is down and select the backup server as defined.

HTH

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi @IamSamSaul 

You can create an anyconnect profile which specifies the primary ISP IP/FQDN and a backup server which would specify the backup IP/FQDN. When the primary ISP connection drops, use IP SLA to remove that default route. With the anyconnect profile on the client computer, it will automatically detect the primary connection is down and select the backup server as defined.

HTH