cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect VPN Client does not display username/password fields + crashes on connect

frenchpress
Level 1
Level 1

I recently started having a bug with my cisco anyconnect vpn client, which I had used without problems for almost a year. The version is 2.4.1012, and I am running Mac OS X 10.6.7.

Now when I open up the client, the UI no longer gives me the option to enter my username and password. Instead I see the message "Warning: No profiles available. Please enter host to 'Connect To'." But when I enter the host and attempt attempt to connect the program freezes and then subsequently crashes. I have attached a screenshot of the UI showing the problem.

If I try to connect using the terminal instead of the UI I get a similar message, and it seems that there are no other errors. Here's the output:

>> warning: No profile is available.  Please enter host to "Connect to".
>> registered with local VPN subsystem.
>> state: Disconnected

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client (I have access to it through a web installation at my university, but have also installed it manually). I noticed that the uninstallation does not actually remove all the related files in the /opt/cisco/vpn directory, and have also tried deleting those before reinstalling. However, once I install the problem is always the same.

Does anyone have any insight into what might be causing the problem? I am really stuck, as I need the VPN almost daily at the university for my job.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

ozz.lioi
Level 1
Level 1

I have encountered the same issue on version 2.5 and 3.0. and not much comes up when searching for this.

I will likely contact TAC for support.

Cheers,