Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect VPN client driver encountered an error

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Good Day All,

I have a single user with the  2.4.1012 any connect VPN who can not establish his tunnel.

We have many other users who can connect to the same tunnel group who do not have this problem so I think it is related to his pc and not to the ASA firewall.

He receives an error indicating there is a problem with the client driver.

So far, we have allowed the AnyConnect VPN agent to interact with the desktop via My Computer>Manager>Services and  Applications>services menu.

We checked and the Routing and Remote Access service is not enabled on the PC.

I even tried having him connect using the program and the command line program and he always receives the same error that the client driver encountered an errors.

I got him to run the DART tool.

If anyone can make any sence of it, or point me in the direction of some further documentation that would be such a help.

Regards,

Amanda

1 Reply 1

Dear Amanda,

Thanks for posting

The DART file is incomplete, there is not enough information.

At this point, I would recommend uninstalling the AnyConnect client and DART tool using Ccleaner, running the registry cleaner and reload the machine.

Then, get the latest 2.5 AnyConnect software, install it and reload the machine.

* Please make sure the AV is disabled at all on the machine and these tasks are done by a user with Admin rights.

Once you are done, have the user connect and share your findings.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: