Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect VPN split tunnel

tinhnho123
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Guys,

I currently have Cisco Anyconnect with Split tunneling. Everything seems to be working fine. 

Is there a way to force clients when they try to connect to an IP address 52.244.160.207 and his/her traffic would go back to the tunnel and exist out from the company internet instead of go thru their home internet provider? We also don't want create full tunnel either.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Hi @tinhnho123 

Yes, you will need to include that IP address in the split tunnel ACL.

You will also need to configure the command same-security-traffic permit intra-interface and also define a NAT rule for the RAVPN users. E.g.

object network RAVPN_USERS
 subnet 10.4.4.0 255.255.255.0
 nat (outside,outside) dynamic interface

HTH

Hi Rob,

Would it be the same if I have FMC and FTD for Anyconnect VPN? 

Well you don't need the command same-security-traffic permit intra-interface on FTD, it's configured as standard unlike ASA. Everything else I mentioned above is required.

Hi Rob,

I've tried it on the FMC and it doesn't do it. Sorry, I'm new to FMC/FTD.

If you added the IP address 52.244.160.207 to the split tunnel ACL, and the NAT rule as @Rob Ingram suggested, and that still does not work, then I might suspect it might have something to do with the access control policy that maybe is denying that traffic?. Did you enable the Bypass Access Control policy for AnyConnect traffic? or you have it disabled?, if you have it disabled, then I think you need to add a rule on the security policy to allow the AnyConnect pool to reach the IP address 52.244.160.207. In that case, the source and destination interfaces would be outside.

vsurresh
Level 1
Level 1

Just to double-check, have you added the IP into the split-tunnel allowed list? If yes, can you see the traffic to 52.244.160.207 from the VPN is hitting the FTD?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: