cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect VPN users lose network drives intermittently

EdMendez150
Level 1
Level 1

We have an ongoing issue where users (not admins) lose access to some network drives while connected via vpn.  Access to the drives may come back without any warning, much in the same way the access is lost - no telltale signs that connectivity has been established or lost.  We tested with a couple of users mapping to their personal network drive by using admin credentials and they never lost connectivity, leading me to assume it's permissions related.  Where would I even begin to look for the cause?

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Presuming this is on Windows, check eventlog (application , and possible other categories too). Perhaps more info can be found.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

EdMendez150
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Marce1000.  I checked the event logs and saw nothing relating to AnyConnect anywhere.  Interesting though was that this time I was unable to access the share even with admin credentials.  It would show one of the folders in the mapped drive but with nothing inside.  I verified that the user has multiple folders and the one that we were able to see had plenty of files inside.