Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5510 IPSEC limit

sj.heng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys 

is there IPsec limit for ASA 5510 ? 

there is user complain upon connected they cant access any server in the local network. but currently it is working fine

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What do you mean by limit? The number of IPSEC sessions is limited to 250 if I remember good.

For limit regarding access to internal resources, there aren't.

These users complaining are using the same IPSEC vpn as others? Does your crypto and nat exemption allowing all internal resources?

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What do you mean by limit? The number of IPSEC sessions is limited to 250 if I remember good.

For limit regarding access to internal resources, there aren't.

These users complaining are using the same IPSEC vpn as others? Does your crypto and nat exemption allowing all internal resources?

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

yes i did googled and found that its limit is 250. i am not sure what caused user to have no access to our servers at that time.

it is now running fine. But our IT director wants us to give him an answer to the caused of that event and bring up a prevention to that.

Initially i saw the current session was 44 and i thought that if it might be 50 limit but it doesnt seem to be the case. thanks anyway.

Did you configured a syslog? You can get logs of what happened.

Or you need to try to reproduce, maybe a rule or spike of CPU occurred?

Thanks
Francesco