Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5510 VPN licenses

dim_ing
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to migrate from ASA 5510 to ASAv30 and I would like to ask is there any possibility to transfer the existing VPN licenses to new ASAv or I have to purchase new ones? 

Thank you in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

VPN means  Cisco any connect?   - is this old on still PAK, and new one Smart License you need to convert.

some reference :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/migration/asav/asa2asav.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Actually, you can't see it on the ASA. The only hint is when you look for the images in flash. If they are all v3.x then it is very likely that you do not have AnyConnect v4. But you only know for sure if you look at what you have ordered.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You are probably talking about AnyConnect licenses? It depends. If you bought AnyConnect 4 licenses and your subscription is active, you can convert the licenses to smart licensing and they can be used with the ASAv30. If you are still having the old licenses (Essentials/Premium which were used with AnyConnect version 3) then you have to buy new licenses.

Hello,

How can I check the AnyConnect version? The only I see regarding licenses related to what you said are the lines below:

"This platform has an ASA 5510 Security Plus license."

"AnyConnect Premium Peers : 100 
AnyConnect Essentials : Disabled 
AnyConnect for Mobile : Enabled 
AnyConnect for Cisco VPN Phone : Disabled
Advanced Endpoint Assessment : Disabled "

Actually, you can't see it on the ASA. The only hint is when you look for the images in flash. If they are all v3.x then it is very likely that you do not have AnyConnect v4. But you only know for sure if you look at what you have ordered.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

VPN means  Cisco any connect?   - is this old on still PAK, and new one Smart License you need to convert.

some reference :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/migration/asav/asa2asav.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: