Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 8.2 - anyconnect-essentials

Ranbeckycr_2
Level 1
Level 1

Experts

I need to enable the command anyconnect-essentials in my webvpn configuration.

When I do show run webvpn  I see:

no anyconnect-essentials.

If I go to webvpn:

(config-webvpn)anyconnect-essentials  ( then hit enter)  I get this error message:

Clientless sessions currently active:3

After all clientless sessions are disconnected, manually enable Anyconnect Essentials using ASDM or "anyconnect-essentials" CLI under webvpn mode.

For some Reason JAVA is screwed up and I can't run ASDM. 

How Do I disconnect the Clientless sessions via CLI in order to add the command

"anyconnect-essentials"

Thanks for your help!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
vpn-sessiondb logoff ....

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
vpn-sessiondb logoff ....

Marcin,

Thanks for the quick response.

Question, will this only disconnect the Clientless sessions or will it also affect the other SA's?

If I run a show cry isa sa ---> It shows    Active SA:  57

I need to know if these 57 VPN tunnels will be affected.   :-)

Thanks again!!

vpn-sessiondb logoff

To log off all or selected VPN sessions, use the vpn-sessiondb logoff command in global configuration mode.

vpn-sessiondb logoff {remote | l2l | webvpn | email-proxy | protocol protocol-name | name username | ipaddressIPaddr | tunnel-group groupname | index indexnumber | all}

Cisco Network Security Channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CiscoNetSec/

I am somewhat puzzled. When you look for show cry isa sa  you are looking for ISAKMP but this is used for IPSec. I would expect the clientless and the AnyConnect sessions to be SSL based and not IPSec ISAKMP based.

I would also ask whether you already have installed the AnyConnect Essentials license on this ASA.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hehe, good point, although this might be AC IKEv2 tunnels :-)

@Randall yes, you're probably looking for clearing your SSL connections as Rick mentions.

I sort of wondered about that until I remembered that the title of the thread says that the ASA is running 8.2 code.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks a bunch for the help, @Richard: Anyconnect license is already installed because it was previously working. I noticed that configuration change today after the reboot. I didn´t know if the SA and Clientless where related, but I know understand that they are 2 separte things completely.

*- Just to clarify, if I run the vpn-sessiondb logoff it will knock out all the clientless sessions.

So step 1:  Run vpn-sessiondb logoff

Step 2:Run in (config-webvpn)anyconnect-essentials

Sounds about right?

Once again, thanks

you might want to narrow down that logoff command.

Or you clear everything on the box.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/command/reference/uz.html#wp1631050

You might want to do "remote" ... depends on your setup and who's logged in and what they're using.