Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA IPSEC VTI ECMP

csco10675262
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a ASA setup with 2 IPSEC VTI tunnels to the same remote site.  I like to check if it may be possible to perform ECMP for outgoing and incoming traffic thru the VTI tunnels? The setup is a single ASA to a ios router on 2 x IPSEC VTI tunnels for 2 different isp links connecting to them which I like to check if its supported for ECMP across 2 tunnels? BGP is established over the ipsec vti tunnels with maximum path 2 configured

Any suggestion is appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check this may help you :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-firewalls/212478-configure-asa-virtual-tunnel-interfaces.html

regarding BGP, we need to know more how you configured ? (what you looking to do with BGP ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Asa to iOS router on 2 x IPSEC VTI tunnels for 2 different isp links connection to them which I like to check if its supported for ECMP for out going and incoming traffic the VTI tunnels.ASA to iOS router on 2 x IPSEC VTI tunnels for 2 different isp links connecting to them. ECMP across 2 tunnels with BGp is stablished over the ipsetic VTI tunnel with maximum 2 path to configured any suggestion.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check this may help you :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-firewalls/212478-configure-asa-virtual-tunnel-interfaces.html

regarding BGP, we need to know more how you configured ? (what you looking to do with BGP ?)

BB

Hi,

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, it doesnt provide any information on EMCP via the VTI tunnels. I have instead concluded it does not seems to be supported on ASA at least as was looking at equivalent traffic zone feature but was not supported on VTI interface for ASA. It appears to be supported on FTD though. 

For the BGP, its just on ease of administration as there will may be ipsec tunnels/sites and to simplify the routing instead of static entries proned to human errors.

Once again, Thank you for the help  

yes FTD can do what you looking, (cisco moving forward towards FTD).

BB

Hi,

I believe the device is used for VPN only and TACACS is required as well. I think tacacs is not yet supported on FTD yet?

Thank you for the feedback good to know and it will helpful for other community members who looking to deploy the same.

BB