Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA VPN Load balancing

IamSamSaul
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I got a question about Cisco ASA VPN Load balancing and Public IP address for VIP. I have configured VPN load balancing on Outside interfaces using private IP addresses. The VIP is also a Private IP address in the same range as the Outside interfaces.

In order to access the VIP I need a public IP address for users. How do I configure this?

Thanks & Regards,

Sam

5 Replies 5

@IamSamSaul if the outside interfaces are all private ip addresses, you need 3 public ip addresses translated to the private ip addresses. You connect to the vip which then transfers you to the least loaded ASA.

IamSamSaul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using NAT static 1-to-1 (Public IP Address to Private IP Address of VIP) but it's not working. Is this the correct approach? Or as you mentioned, I do need three separate Public IP addresses?

Thanks.

Sam

You'd need 3 public ip addresses.

Once the user has connected to the vip, the session would be terminated on the ASAs outside interface ip.

Thanks for your reply. I will try to implement it with three Public IP addresses. 

Follow

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: