cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco ASA VPN User Sessions

Hello.

May be it is stupid question, but anyway.

There is "Site-to-Site VPN User Sessions limit" to every Cisco ASA description.

I am confused about it.

For example, in http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_models_comparison.html#~tab-b

Cisco ASA 5520 has Maximum Site-to-Site and IPsec IKEv1 Client VPN User Sessions = 750.

So it is… Is it a limit for count of Site-to-Site VPN channels or it is a user sessions limit in one VPN tunnel?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Beginner

To the best of my understanding, it represents the number of users that can be accommodated in a site to site vpn and the same for number of incoming vpn users.

Joel

Joel _______________________________ Please rate helpful posts and answered questions!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Victor,

It actually represents the maximum number of LAN-to-LAN tunnels and VPN client sessions that could be active at the same time.

So, you can have up to 750 LAN-to-LAN peers up or either a combination of IKEv1 Remote Access clients and Site-to-Site tunnels.

HTH.

Portu.

If you do not have any further questions please mark this post and answered and rate any helpful reply.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Beginner

To the best of my understanding, it represents the number of users that can be accommodated in a site to site vpn and the same for number of incoming vpn users.

Joel

Joel _______________________________ Please rate helpful posts and answered questions!

Highlighted

Hi Victor,

It actually represents the maximum number of LAN-to-LAN tunnels and VPN client sessions that could be active at the same time.

So, you can have up to 750 LAN-to-LAN peers up or either a combination of IKEv1 Remote Access clients and Site-to-Site tunnels.

HTH.

Portu.

If you do not have any further questions please mark this post and answered and rate any helpful reply.

Highlighted
Beginner

Please consider the value to be potential. It will all depend on available resources, for example:

On a 5550 5000 IPSec clients over the Internet my be feasible but 5000 IPSec VPN's over leased lines may prove that the 450Mbps VPN throughput may not be sufficient.

Julian

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App