Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FTD remote access VPN with ISE posture

Hello team,

I'm setting up a remote access VPN on FTD with ISE posture.
The problem I have is that the posture does not work and in AnyConnect I see the message "no policy server detected".

In the ISE logs I see that for each login in the VPN two authentication events are generated in the ISE. The first event has the result "secceeded" (this is fine), and the second event has the result "failed".

ISE-Log.PNG

ISE-Log succeeded.png

ISE-Log failed.png

I made a capture of the RADIUS packets that the ISE receives and I observed that in the second authentication event the firewall sends the username as if it were the authentication password.
For example:
1st authentication event: username "fernando", password "123456". (This is fine). - result "secceeded"
2nd authentication event: username "fernando", password "fernando". - result "failed".

The temporal action that I applied to solve the problem is to enable the option "If Auth Fail = CONTINUE", in the Authentication Policy of the ISE.
After applying the temporary action, the whole posture procedure works correctly.

ISE-Authentication policy.png

Does anyone know why that behavior occurs?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I solved the problem.
I was missing a check in the RADIUS configuration of the FTD.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

@FernandoDiaz1992 what is RADIUS the configuration on the FTD connection profile? Please provide screenshot

What is the configuration of your ISE authorisation rules and profile (in regard to posture redirect)?

Which cisco guide have you followed for configuration? https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/215236-ise-posture-over-anyconnect-remote-acces.html

Hi Rob,
Thanks for answering.

I attach the screenshots of the configuration.
RADIUS in FTD: radius1, radius2, radius3, aclftd.
ISE: ise1, ise2, ise3, ise4, ise5, ise6.

Attached the packet capture in Wireshark.

@FernandoDiaz1992 I've seen this before where two authentications are sent to the RADIUS server, but I cannot recall the exact issue. What is the configuration of the connection profile itself?

What version of FMC/FTD are you using?

FTD version 7.0.1
FMC version 7.0.1
ISE version 3.1

I solved the problem.
I was missing a check in the RADIUS configuration of the FTD.