Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISRG2 and ISR4000 Max VPN´s

Hi Team,

We need to confirm what is the maximum number of VPN´s in ISRG2 and ISR4000.

As far as I know, all ISRG2 only support 225 VPN´s IPSEC or SSL, but in the case of get an ISR4000 we can get the license HSEC and have more than the default number of VPN´s supported in ISRG2 (More than 225). 

Can you please help us to clarify this point?

We have a Cisco project and we need to valide which is the best solution to create 300 VPN´s IPSEC or SSL in a Routing platform.

Neyton

Note: ASR´s or ASA´s aren´t part of the proposal solution required by customer. :) Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The ISR G2 will support 225 VPN tunnels (cumulative SSL and/or IPsec) with the SEC license. The HSEC license will allow the higher end models to exceed that cap - up to 500 SSL VPN and 3000 IPsec on the 3945E for example.

The ISR 4000 series tops out around 4000 (on the 4451).

Generally speaking, new deployments would be better served by the newer hardware platform. Besides their current advantages (multi-core processors, more extensible service platform architecture etc.) They will be enhanced more so than the legacy platform moving forward and have a longer service lifetime.

Excelent Sir! Can you please share me the link to find this information? 

It was very complex to find this specific information because is not in the Data Sheets and Q&S.

Thanks in advance Marvin :)

You're welcome. 

Please refer to Cisco Live! presentation "PSORST-2008 - Introduction to Cisco ISR 4000 Series: Architected for Application Performance (2015 Milan)".  On slide 29 you will see the numbers I mentioned.

If you are a partner, there are some more detailed performance analyses available on the partner community.

Excellent! Thanks so much friend. ;)

Can we rake this presenation as a refrence for max supported VPNs on ISR4451?

And where i can find the License data sheet ?

@Marvin Rhoads wrote:

You're welcome. 

Please refer to Cisco Live! presentation "PSORST-2008 - Introduction to Cisco ISR 4000 Series: Architected for Application Performance (2015 Milan)".  On slide 29 you will see the numbers I mentioned.

If you are a partner, there are some more detailed performance analyses available on the partner community.

Please give me exactly figure of how many  IPsec tunnel support cisco  ISR 4331.

The Cisco Live presentation that Marvin previously provided, would seem to indicate the 4331 supports 1000 tunnels

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: