Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIsco Router VPN-Client (not SSL, no ASA!) routing between remote sites

Hi everybody,

i´m just wondering if routing of clients which connect via the old VPN-client to a router are able at all to access remote sites LANs, which are connected over Site2site-VPN-tunnels.

Didn´t find anything regarding this yet...we use OSPF in that network, but the clients don´t use a dedicated interface, so it would not forward the client IP-pool as a subnet or sth like this.

The teleworker wants to access site A, which is working flawlessly since ages, including all of the local resources there, over his VPN-client from at home.

But now the idea came up to access another server on site B without dialing in the router there, over a separate VPN-profile.

Can i get this working at all?

See the attached drawing, so it gets sure clear what they want to do.

Honestly i never tried to implement this before, and after a quick check i couldn´t find a sort of prepared solution for this problem.

The router our customer is using is a C2911 with c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M4.bin, featureset is sec/k9.

Any input appreciated, maybe i want to do sth which is just not supported by design.

Many thanks in advance,

Andreas

1 Reply 1

solved...it was:

crypto dynamic-map dynmap 20
reverse-route

router ospf 1

redistribute static subnets

looks nice...working :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: