Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SSL VPN Client (SVC):"Failed to install virtual adapter"

maerjak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I try to use the new Cisco SSL VPN Client which is available since Release 4.7. The configuration isn't a big thing but it's not possible for me to install the Cisco SSL VPN Client on a client PC. When I login on the WebVPN Homepage the SSL VPN Client Installation starts but it allways ends up with:

"Failed to install virtual adapter.Installation has failed."

I also installed stcie.exe and the account I use has Administrator/User privileges, I changed the account too, but it's always the same.

Has someone an idea?

VPN Concentrator Type: 3005

Serial Number:CAM090XXXXX

Bootcode Rev: Cisco Systems, Inc./VPN 3000 Concentrator Series Version 2.5.Rel Jun 21 2000 18:57:52

Software Rev: Cisco Systems, Inc./VPN 3000 Concentrator Version 4.7.Rel Mar 10 2005 14:58:16

Up For: 20:33:18

Up Since: 03/12/2005 19:04:58

RAM Size: 128 MB (Memory Status: Green)

VPN3005 Configuration:

Configuration | User Management | Base Group

WebVPN

Enable URL Entry

Enable File Access

Enable Port Forwarding

Enable Auto Applet Download

Enable Cisco SSL VPN Client

Configuration | Tunneling and Security | WebVPN | Cisco SSL VPN Client

Enable the Cisco SSL VPN Client

CISCO STC win2k+ 1.0.0 1,0,0,179 Tue 03/08/2005 15:31:20.43

Client PC:

User: Administrator privileges

NIC: WLAN IBM b/g with AEGIS Suppicant (IBM AccessConnections)

AntiVirus:McAfee Virus Scan (Enterprise 7.0-8.0)

Firewall:Internet Connection Firewall (ICF)

AntiSpy: Microsoft AntiSpyware (uninstalled)

VPNClient: Cisco VPN 4.6.01.0019-k9(uninstalled)

Java:1.5.0 (Build 1.5.0_02-b09)

Browser: IE6 SP2 & FireFox 1.0

Regards,

Manfred

4 Replies 4

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Manfred.

what is the client that you are trying to install ? for webvpn, you just need a browser and a java support. If these are correct, you should be able to hit the concentrator, on its public ip, with https://x.x.x.x

have u enabled webvpn on the public interface ? go to config-> interface-> webvpn tab and enable https webvpn sessions. aare there any filters on the public int ? if so, make sure https is allowed on that filter...

do let us know if I have rightly understood the problem.

Raj

Hi Raj,

I try to install the SSL VPN Client for WebVPN. It's possible to use all WebVPN Features prior to Release 4.7 like File Access and HTTP Services.

WebVPN is enabled on the public interface and I assigned the public(default) filter to it.I already tested it without filter, but the problem is still the same.

It`s possible to connect to the VPN3005 from outside, and the user logon works well, but when it starts to install the SSL VPN Client for WebVPN, the installation miscarry.

Regards,

Manfred

I had a similar issue and had to add the url to the concentrator to the trusted sites list in internet explorer because the security for the internet zone was to high for the SSL client to be installed successfully. I use WinXP with SP2 and the behavior might be different for other OS versions.

Regards

Glenn

Hi,

I found the problem. It was OS related. My Admin Account on the client hasn't the rights to install the virtual adapter. I put the client out of the domain as workaround and then it works as expected.

Thx for your help

Manfred