Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco vpn client - freeze taskbar

elcache23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the cisco client VPN_winx64-msi-5.0.07.0290-k9.

The installation is succesful BUT when i want to use it i can´t beacuse the icon is freeze on the taskbar. I click it many times and there is no answer.

This only happens with this software.

Any ideas?

regards

Carlos

7 Replies 7

lginod
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Carlos,

1. What is the CPU usage at this time?

2. Is it only this appln or are there other appln being affected at this time?

3. When u say only this software is affected, does it mean that only vpn client version 5.0.07.0290 is affected? Have you tried using a different version of software?

4. Have you tried clean uninstall and reinstall of the software?

--

Gino

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

--Please rate the solutions.

Hello Gino,

Thank you for your reply.

1)The CPU usage is maximum of 16% and that happens when you already open the app, then the CPU usage comes down to 0% - 3%.

2)Only this app. Is affected at this time.

3)I have only tried with this version vpn client version 5.0.07.0290. When I say only this software, means this app. Is only affected.

4)Yes, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but no success.

Carlos

Here with a solution to the Cisco vpn Client (BSOD, Freezing, Extreme slowness) for those with windows 7 client O.S.

Download the following files. “winfix and dneupdate”. HERE

•    Uninstall any vpn client currently installed on your system. Delete the cisco vpn client directory from the programs file. Restart the PC

•    Run the winfix utility, this Prepares the O.S for the dneupdate, restart the PC

•    Run the DNEupdate, Restart the PC

•    Install cisco vpn Client Version 5.0.07.0290 which you can easily find on cisco.com. Choose the correct bit version (32Vs64) for your  O.S. restart the PC and you have solved your problem.

Thanks

Elijah

Hi,

Thank you for the answer.

I solved the issue uninstalling the app. from control panel and also deleting the folder from program files, then i restarted it.Then,

I installed again the app. and worked again.

Thank you for your effort.

Carlos Carrillo

IT Student

lginod
Level 1
Level 1

No problem Carlos...

--

Gino

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

--Please rate the solutions

I have a situation that is very similar - however - the taskbar doesn't freeze - the actual cisco exe freezes (or actually becomes very slow).  However - on the link you provided in the response - took me to

http://www.citrix.com/lang/English/lp/lp_1680845.asp  - and I didn't find anything on that page about a winfix.  I did download the dneupdate64.msi and run that.  (after un-installing the VPN client, and removing the folder and restarting).  However I did NOT remove teh MSI file after I executed that.  I did a test, and the EXE runs quicker - but still goes to a "Not Responding" state for quite awhile after each click.

Is there somewhere else I can find the WinFix? - a search on the citrix.com site didn't produce anything.

Thanks,

Jeff

11bkrangle
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue after the vpn client worked for serveral months.  This is what I did:

Delete the previous vpn installation client

Delete the vpn client installation folder (this is most important, Thank you Carlos!!!)

Deleted the *.mui file noted in the previous posts after taking ownership

Reboot

Installed dneupdate

Reinstalled the VPN client

Everything worked, I tried this a few times with out deleting the folder and I still had issues.  You need to delete the whole previous installation folder.

BK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: