cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN connects but then no services are available.

bountytech
Level 1
Level 1

Where to start:

I have a situation where by my remote office, 5 machines, connects to head office via Cisco VPN client.

Recently we have been able to make a vpn connection but once connected we have no services available like connecting to servers, internet, network drives, voip phone or even pinging any of the services. We get an IP address on the virtual network adaptor created by vpn connection but then nothing.

After a hec of amount of troubleshooting I swapped out our router, Draytek Vigor 2820, for another 2820. Same problem. I then took my Draytek Vigor from home, that does work, to the office and it works perfectly fine using the 2600 router in the office. I then tried a dlink router and that worked in office as well. So it has something to do with the 2820 router. It has been working fine for months and now recently, having changed nothing on it, it has stopped working for us with Cisco vpn connection. Does anyone have any clues as to why and what I could do on the router to resolve issue or could it be something on the cisco side that needs changing? I have already updated firmware to latest version on router.

Any help / advice would be great appreciated.

Regards,

Ashley

1 Reply 1

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please share the configuration as there might be something that change after the upgrade that might cause the issue.