cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN disconnects when Cisco NAC is running

KLilley01
Level 1
Level 1

I'm on a Lenovo Thinkpad W510 laptop, running Windows 7 Enterprise x64.  Our corporate load uses the Cisco NAC to control network access, and I'm working with a client that requires Cisco VPN client to connect to their network. 

The problem I'm experiencing is that when I attempt to connect via the VPN client, it will establish the connection, but drop it very soon after.  This usually only takes about a minute.  When I kill the NAC client, the VPN will stay connected.  Is there something I can do to get them to play nice together?

Thanks!

Edit:

Sorry, I should have included the versions involved as well:

Cisco NAC Agent (v4.7.2.10)

Cisco VPN Client (v5.0.07.0290)

2 Replies 2

KLilley01
Level 1
Level 1

I still haven't been able to come up with a fix for this issue.  I still have to kill the NAC client in order to get the VPN to stay connected.  Any ideas at all would be appreciated.  Thanks!

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

We see the same thing in a limited number of users. NAC Agent 4.8.1.5 and 4.8.2.1 with Cisco VPN Client 5.x.

A workaround is to kill the CCA agent and have the user login user the web agent.

We have a TAC case open on this and suspect something in the Agent is breaking the VPN.

Make sure you have the Internet Explorer in Online Mode. Check for personal firewalls which may be blocking the CCA.

Check that the time between the client and the CAS are in sync.