Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Web Login Fail after Firmware Upgrade

HansWurst2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i upgraded the firmware of my RV260W (BIG MISTAKE) and then the Web Login was not working any more. I could ping the device, our VPN still worked and I can connect to the IP, but it does not show the login page. So I was not able to access it any more. After 1 hour google search I found no good solution. What worked for me, was to use another browser. It also works to reconfigure your browser. It has to to do somehow with the certificate. Through the firmware upgrade something must have changed so the Web Login was not accessable anymore in the old browser.

I guess many people will experience the same after a Firmware Upgrade. I even found an advice from cisco, that they know the issue and recommend a factory reset or several firmware downgrades and upgrades. Both I absolutly can't recommend: Then you realy have a lot of work and maybe still no solution!

Hope this helps someone. Sadly the support is not very good and best you help yourself...

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Through the firmware upgrade something must have changed so the Web Login was not accessable anymore in the old browser.

This may be due to more security features added to new Frimware. 

Most of the suggestion, always read the release notes and understand any feature adds or security updates which effect your environment,

I agree Cisco need to improve their upgrade procedures - while we doing it in a production environment. Maybe it's okay if its out of box upgrade.

the question here, is that work with new browsers ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not knowing which Browser you were using, or what you changed to, I'm just taking a stab in the dark to guess that you might have been using an older one that is no longer compatible due to many security fixes in more recent software updates.  There are many types/brands/models of device that have been dropping support for older browsers (notably Internet Explorer).  Using a modern browser is a requirement, and increasingly so as support for older ones is discontinued. 

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.