cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clientless VPN bookmark login page

S-Lemming
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a customer site using the clientless SSL-VPN with a number of connection profiles used depending on the type of user, i.e. administrative user, sales, marketing, consulting etc.

For security reasons the customer chose to only use an alias-URL for each CP connecting the VPN (vpn.domain.com/marketing for example), they removed the profile-dropdown so only people who know the actual URL will be able to connect.

However, the users are lazy and don't want to type the URL manually and therefore bookmark the site. The only problem is that the alias-URL is automatically changed to vpn.domain.com/+CSCOE+/logon.html and this is what the users bookmark. But when they try to log in using the bookmark they land on the DefaultRA-group which isn't allowed to login.

So, is it possible to make a browser-bookmark of the login page?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Stefan,

Indeed the browser won't let you bookmark the URL, since you need to hit enter and load the page before it actually lets you do it.

What you can do, is to create the bookmark manually, then you can have your users import it.

Thanks.

Portu.

Please rate any post you find helpful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jose.vieira525
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

Users can create a bookmark and type manually the URL. Once the bookmark is saved with the correct URL it will work fine for future use.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Stefan,

Indeed the browser won't let you bookmark the URL, since you need to hit enter and load the page before it actually lets you do it.

What you can do, is to create the bookmark manually, then you can have your users import it.

Thanks.

Portu.

Please rate any post you find helpful.

Thanks for the replies.

Well the problem is that most of the users aren't really technical, they only know how to add a bookmark by adding it through the browser. It would've been ideal if it was possible to add the login page just as they any other bookmark.

Thanks for the help anyways!

Yeah I do understand your point, but this is a browser limitation.

I would appreciate if you mark this question as answered and rate it

Portu.

Have a nice day.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: