cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clients cannot access remote Lan via vpn (but router can)

alanmsv1234
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Easy VPN remote configured on an 877 router, connecting to an 1801 running Easy VPN server. The vpn connects, and the 877 can ping clients on the remote network, but no clients on the LAN connected to the 877 can ping the remote LAN. Both sites use internal IP schemes and Nat to the Internet, but I believe I have filtered it correctly to prevent the vpn traffic being nat-d, and no packets are dropped by firewall. The IP schemes do not overlap.  Any ideas where I'd go to troubleshoot this? I've gone through all the scenarios on the IPSec VPN troubleshooting page, but none of them seem to cover my issue.

2 Replies 2

carlosv
Level 1
Level 1

Hmmm didn't you forgot to add an static NAT on the 877 side to redirect

incoming traffic back to the right host?

I have an ACL on the 877 that prevents traffic to the remote network being nat-d in the first place, so return traffic will also not require natting: it should be straight network to network.

I have looked at the IP net translations after trying to ping the remote network, and there are no entries, so I conclude the vpn traffic is not being natted, as expected. So I do not think Nat is the cause of the problem. But I cannot think what else could be causing the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: