Views
Helpful
Replies

Combining remote access and site to site VPN

bobbycornetto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have a small problem with my VPN configuration on two Cisco 2811s. We just got rid of an expensive point to point private WAN link between our two company sites in favor of a site to site VPN. We also provide remote access VPN into the main office with static routes to allow access to hosts on the branch office network as well. When I added the site to site VPN to the configuration, the only thing that "broke" was the ability for remote access VPN clients to connect to hosts in the branch office. Any thoughts on how to get this going? I wondered if it might have to do with something like the "same-security-traffic" intra-interface command that you use on the ASA for a config like this? "debug ip packet <ACL>" with the ACL defining the address pool for remote access clients only sees traffic when I directly access the router from a remote access client.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Reply 1

manish arora
Level 6
Level 6

Appears to me that you applied new cypto map on the outside interface of the router which replaced your

remote vpn crypto map and you lost the ability to remote vpn clients. Please

post configuration for the site which lost remote vpn client for further look in.

Thanks

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: