cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Concentrator DHCP to VPN Client/ Wrong Subnet

armin.kraus
Level 1
Level 1

We have run into an issue with the VPN client.

We have our concentrators setup with an address pool to hand off to all connecting clients. Once the users connects it adds an address from the concentraotrs address pool to that connection

The problem here is that it is adding the wrong subnet for the address pool. Since the address are class A yet we really use a class C subnet the clients are getting a class A subnet.

I can't find anywhere were I can specify the subnet I want my address pool to use. Am i missing something here.

This question was already posted here, but I can´t get a solution. In the documentation there is also no solution for this problem.

Thanks for any help

3 Replies 3

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

i believe it give an SM based on the SM of the concentrator's inside interface. what is its SM?

That´s already what I thought first, but it isn´t. The inside subnet mask is a Class B. The only thing what I suggest is, we have a VPN Client pool starting with 10.x.x.x and the concentrator take it as Class A Network.

Any other solutions ?

There is no other solution. The subnet mask is chosen by the class of the subnet you use as it does by default with PPP. You can either use the class of subnet that would give you your required SNM or assign static addressess to the clients. If issued from the VPN concentrator you would have the same problem so they would have to be configured amanually on the remote host.