Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Configure WRVS4400N VPN Client Account to connect my computer via VPN to my home internal subnet

Would it be possible to get a copy of the following files from a working QuickVPN client?

ipsec.conf
rw.INI
vpnserver.conf

I would like to compare them to see if there is something wrong in my files.

Highlighted
VIP Mentor

Re: Configure WRVS4400N VPN Client Account to connect my computer via VPN to my home internal subnet

Hello,

you could try an older Quick VPN Client:

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/282446893/type/282465795/release/1.4.2.1

Highlighted
Beginner

I have tried:

All failed the exact same way. They try to ping 192.168.1.2 over the public internet and not in the tunnel.

Do you or anyone else have a copy of these files I can compare to mine?

ipsec.conf
rw.INI
vpnserver.conf

Highlighted
VIP Mentor

Hello,

try a different VPN client, such as the Shrew Soft VPN Client linked below ( the Windows 8 2.2.2-release should work on Windows 10 as well).

https://www.shrew.net/download/vpn

Is there a way to give me remote access to your WRVS4400N ?

Highlighted
Beginner

Tried it, AnyConnect, and OpenVPN and all fail.

Highlighted
Beginner

Bit of a late reply, but for those onloookers:

There is *NO* solution.

Under Windows 10 there is no way to get the/a VPN Client to work with the  Linksys 4400 VPN router as a VPN server.

That is why as you wrote at the beginning
"I know that this has been beat to death but none the posts I have found via Google have fixed my problem."

What I've done is set up an old Windows XP VM in Oracle Virtual Box and installed the VPN Client in there.

That works, but obviously has a lot of limitations.

For my home network I got a different router, no Linksys for me anymore.
Used to be more or less the home standard, but as this thread shows they were never interested in fixing the problem.
Or were not competent enough to do so. Neither works for me.