cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect AnyConnect on Andorid to a VPN programmatically

Elliot63728
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.  I am trying to find a way to have AnyConnect for Android connect to an established VPN profile through a call from another app.  The situation is that I have an app needing to connect to the VPN for resources and, should that connection not be established, want to automatically connect to the needed VPN.

Thus far, I have not found any information on how to do this, but I am hoping someone will have solved this previously.  Thank you for any insight that you can provide.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Serious doubts as to whether this can be done :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5466-android-known-limitations-common-problems-answers-and-soluti.html

>...

Guidelines and Limitations for AnyConnect on Android

• AnyConnect for Android supports only the features that are strictly related to remote access.
  • >...

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank you for the reply.  Using the link, I found  2 possibilities.  The first is Trusted Network Detection, but I cannot find the setting in Anyconnect.  The second it that Anyconnect has an Always-On policy that sounds exactly like what I need.  Finding how to make a profile with that outside of Cisco's profile app is being difficult however.  Do you happen to know how to set up a profile to be Always-On or where the Trusted Network Detection setting is located?

Thank you again for the lead.

- Check if this thread can be useful :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/vpn/anyconnect-trusted-network-detection-does-not-always-work/td-p/3474333

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !