cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect to VPN with Windows 7 Home?

kend0g187
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to remotely connect a Windows 7 Home machine to our network. I installed

vpnclient-win-msi-5.0.02.0090-k9.exe on the machine and plugged in the network info. The program seems to run fine and I get the "locked" symbol in the taskbar. But then when I try to run RDC I get the "can't connect to the remote computer for one of the following reasons..." error. I know that the remote computer is allowing connections and everything because all of this works when connecting from an XP machine. Any ideas? Thanks.

4 Replies 4

jallamass
Level 1
Level 1

Post 'route print' and 'netsh int ip show config' of windows 7 when you are disconnected and connected. I think that it is a typical metric problem with win7.

Not Connected:

Connected:

kend0g187
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone?

Kendon,

Are you able to ping this device through the tunnel? Also have you tried to rdp to this laptop without the vpn connected while on the same network? I am wondering if there is a firewall on the client that may be dropping the connection. Also do you have the remote desktop enabled? Can you issue the command "netstat -ano | findstr :3389

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*