Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection via VPN takes > 10 minutes!

thedigitalevil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client v2.3.0254 and ever since i upgraded my laptop from the Lenovo T420 to the Lenovo T430 the time it takes to connect via VPN has increased drastically. Connecting via VPN on my Lenovo T420 would take as little as 5 seconds to authenticate and connect while connecting with my T430 is now taking at minimum of 5 minutes, sometimes upwards of 15 minutes only to report back an error!

The screen the AnyConnect VPN Client seems to hang on is "Establishing VPN - Initiating Connection..."

The server is enforcing that McAffee is installed and up to date, however i have already made sure that my McAffee install is valid and up to date.

I have already taken these steps to try to correct the issue:

1. Re installed Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
  2. Re installed & updated virus definitions for McAffee
  3. Ran CheckDisk on my primary OS partition
  4. Ran RAM validation utility to verify no bad sectors

I have attached a screenshot of the error log from AnyConnect as well as the log html file.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Justin

2 Replies 2

thedigitalevil
Level 1
Level 1

Oh, one other thing I should add is that I am running on Windows 7 (64-bit)

Is there a reason why you are using such an old AnyConnect release? The product has had several significant releases since the ca. 2010 version you are using.

While your error logs indicate the CSD posture assessment is taking the most time, it's hard to say exactly why given the information provided. The DAP rules on the server would need to be compared with the client's installed software state.

Any troubleshooting would suggest trying an updated client version. (3.1.03103 is the latest)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: