cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connectivity issues

laurac
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having issues where connection consistently drops when WFH on VPN. Don't have same issue in office or hot spotting from phone. Have been on to isp several times. They've changed my WiFi network 3 times. Doesn't help. My husband has no issue on his VPN on the same WiFi network. Driving me crazy. Calls dropping all the time. Help!! 

1 Reply 1

I understand how frustrating this situation can be. Based on the information you've provided, it seems the issue might be specific to your device or VPN configuration since your husband's VPN connection is stable on the same network. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Update VPN client: Ensure that you are using the latest version of the Cisco VPN client. Outdated clients may have compatibility issues and bugs that could lead to connection drops.

2. Check your VPN settings: Compare the VPN settings on your device with your husband's device to ensure they are identical and properly configured.

3. Check for software conflicts: Some antivirus or firewall software can interfere with VPN connections. Temporarily disable these programs to see if the connection improves. If it does, consider adding an exception for the VPN client in the antivirus or firewall settings.

4. Test your device on a different network: Connect to another Wi-Fi network or use your phone's hotspot to see if the issue persists. This can help you determine if the problem is specific to your home network or your device.

5. Network adapter drivers: Update the network adapter drivers on your device. Outdated drivers can cause compatibility issues and connection drops.

6. Power cycle your modem and router: Unplug your modem and router from the power source, wait for 30 seconds, and plug them back in. This can help resolve any network issues that may be affecting your VPN connection.

7. Change Wi-Fi frequency: If your router supports both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, try switching between them to see if the connection becomes more stable.

8. Contact your IT support: If none of these steps help, contact your company's IT support team for assistance. They may have more specific information about your VPN setup and might be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps.

I hope these suggestions help resolve your VPN connection issues while working from home.

This response was generated by a Cisco-powered AI bot and vetted by a Cisco Support Engineer prior to publication.
This is part of a monitored experiment to see if the bot can help answer questions alongside community members. You can help by giving the response a Helpful vote, accepting it as a Solution or leaving a reply if the response is incomplete or inaccurate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: