Views
Helpful
Replies

Connectivity Solution needed for new Branch

Ibrahim Bhuiyan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

A customer need to extension their branch. HO (already exist) in Dhaka and another two branches (proposed) in Chittagong. They have ERP, Storage, Application service in HO data center. They will use those service from remote location. That's why they need data connectivity to access those service from remote location. The customer will deploy IP Telephone system in near future. In HO Dhaka has used Cisco 2911 and 2901 Router. I already attached the network diagram in below. Please check.

Now my questions are-

1. In both remote location I have suggested Cisco 2911 Router. So is it write or wrong?

2. Both Internet and Data connection can I access with one 2911 router or separately need two router? 

3. For these type of connectivity and service How type of License I need?

4. Beside this requirement have any need others requirement?

Please suggest the possible best solution for these requirement.

4 Replies 4

mamdohmardini
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ibrahim,

please find below notes:

1- why would you use 2911 why not use 1941 for example? you may use 1941 at the branch side and 2911 at the HQ for example.

2-you can have both links on the same router, but i think you need to add extra slots on the router. where you need an interface for LAN, interface for Data and interface for internet. So, you might need 3 interfaces and the default number of interfaces on both 2911 and 1941 is 2 interfaces.But my question here why do you need 2 links one for data and one for internet? as i think you can connect to an ISP that may give the data and internet over on physical link. 

3- It depends on the connectivity and the solution that you get from the your ISP. For example, you might need to use Site to Site VPN or GRE between the branch and HQ, this needs a security license to configure.

4- Redundancy in case of link failure. Link speed. 

BR

MTM

Thanks MTM for valuable comments,

Ans of Ques:

1. Yes I would use 1941. but IP Telephony will be used in next time. As far as I know 1941 not compatible with IP Telephone. That's why I want to use 2911. 

2. Yes it is possible to connect by one physical link for both Internet and Data connectivity. But I have experience with mikrotik router in that type connection not with Cisco. that's why I asked you.

3. and 4. is ok.

i used cisco 1841 for a branch office with ip telephony in the office through MPLS over microwave link. and the ip phones see the CallManager at the HQ. 

How does it  possible? I attached a link for callManager supported Router. There was not 1941 or 1841

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/datasheet-c78-737647.html?cachemode=refresh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: