cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Relay - Easy VPN (Network - Based) config

kathy.vizena
Level 1
Level 1

I have two sites configured for EASY VPN - Network Extension mode. The Main Site is server config and the remote site has the remote config. I am having a problem trying to get DHCP relay requests from my server site to my remote site. When I configure a user with a static IP, I can ping the DCHP server at the main site. The DCHP requests appear to be going out but nothing comes back. Any thoughts?

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kathy

A few specifics might help us find answers. How is the remote configured to send DHCP to the server? How is the main site configured to talk to the remote? In particular are there any access lists protecting traffic and how does the main site define interesting traffic to send through the VPN to the remote?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi,

I've attached my config files. I have the remote end configured to do DHCP relay. I have done the configuration via EasyVPN.

Kathy

EasyVPN with PIX is something I do not have much experience with. I have looked at the configs and do not yet see a problem. Perhaps someone with more experience with this will look and see something that I do not recognize.

Can you tell from the logs on the DHCP server whether the requests get to the server? And whether the server sends a response?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

i had an issue with dhcp relay when configuring lan-lan vpn. finally the public ip of the pix needs to be included as part of the crypto traffic.

i guess the reason is that when the pix relays the dhcp request on behave of the inside host, the pix will use its own ip as the source.

Yes I saw your question on the forum earlier, but I am not sure how to do this when it is configured in an Easy-VPN mode, as there is no access-list defining what traffic is crypto'd on the remote end. Also, what happens if the public ip is dynamic at the remote end?