cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DisconnectOnSuspend profile option CSCva56275

Daniel marcotte
Level 1
Level 1

Since the update on iOS 9.3.5 of the Cisco Anyconnect app 4.0.05052, i had to change a setting in the profile iOS received. The error message was in french:

La connexion RPV a été déconnecté en raison d'une interruption du système. La fonctionnalité de reconnexion est désactivée. Une nouvelle connexion doit être établie, ce qui nécessite une nouvelle authentification.

The translation may look like this: The VPN connection has been disconnected because of a disruption. Reconnection feature is disabled . A new connection must be established , which requires re-authentication 

i use ASDM 7.6(1) on a old ASA 5510 9.1(7)

where to change the setting?:

Network (Client) Access

Anyconnect Client Profile

Edit the profile

Preferences (Part 1)

Auto Reconnect Behavior, change Auto Reconnect Behavior from DisconnectOnSuspend to ReconnectAfterResume, APPLY and SAVE

On the iPhone, disconnect the VPN and reconnect it. They will received the new profile.

Now iPhone work better, no more error message when they turn the screen on after being black for more than 15 secondes. If a iPhone is put in Sleep (screen off), after 15 secondes, the VPN in the iPhone goes in Suspend (maybe not the good word, sleep, deep sleep???). When the screen turn On, the VPN resume and work.

hope this will help someone

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCva56275/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

3 Replies 3

But what is the case when you need the disconnect on suspend feature due to security reasons on other devices like windows laptops?

The problem is that ios devices immediately drop connection after the on/off button is pressed or when the screen shuts.

your solution will be to create a Client Profile for you iPhone and one for your Windows laptops. And also a new GroupPolicy and all the stuff needed...

Correct. But this means that i will have to create two accounts for the same person, one for when using a PC and another for when usings an iphone/ipad.

This is not so elegant.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: