cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

distributing the VPN client software

dbeitler
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone point me in the right direction on what are the restrictions and permissible ways to distribute the VPN client software. I have a 3005, and I know I can provide to our internal users. But can I provide it to an external client, who will connect to my 3005? And are there any restrictions on where that client can be. , for example, in Mexico?

5 Replies 5

unfortunately I've alread read the links mentioned, and nothing within them answers my question. I would like to see something particular to the VPN client software, as opposed to a generic license document. Surely, someone out there in the US has had clients connecting to them from across the border?

as long as you do not distribute to these countries you should be ok.

EMBARGOED: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria

HIGHLY RESTRICTED : Iraq, Libya A U.S. Department of Commerce Export License is required to deliver retail and non-retail encryption products, technology and software to highly restricted countries. Current U.S. Policy is to deny license applications for encryption products destined for Libya.

Thanks, that's what I thought, but the legalize and other info on the download site and elsewhere is way too confusing.

ATTN: CISCO: If it's not ok, speak up now, or forever hold your peace. (since I've sent emails to various cisco address, tac@, export@, licensing@, ..., and cannot get an answer there either, other than getting pointed back to the web site. Don't you have anyone in your support groups who knows what I can and cannot do with the VPN client software?)

Hi dbeitler

I've downloaded Cisco VPN client and IOS crypto software here in Mexico and the CIA hasn't come after me !

Go ahead.

Regards.